Light In The Attic
Pacific Breeze Volume 3: Japanese City Pop, AOR & Boogie 1975-1987 Colored Vinyl 2LP
Light in the Attic’s Pacific Breeze series has supplied the world’s growing legions of Japanese music fans with an expertly curated selection of the most sought-after City Pop recordings—the mesmerizing and nebulous genre of Japanese bubble-era music of the ‘70s-’80s that encompasses AOR, R&B, jazz fusion, funk, boogie and disco. These familiar sounds are spun through the unique lens of optimistic, cosmopolitan fantasy colored by Japan’s affluence at the time. Much of the music has previously been nearly impossible to acquire outside of Japan and continues to captivate listeners with its unique blend of groove-laden escapism, even birthing wholly new genres such as Vaporwave.
- The latest chapter in the acclaimed Pacific Breeze series!
- Artwork by renowned illustrator Hiroshi Nagai
- Compiled by Yosuke Kitazawa and Mark “Frosty” McNeill (dublab)
- Newly remastered audio
- 2xLP housed in a deluxe wide spine jacket with full color inner sleeves and custom die-cut OBI
- Extensive artist bios by Yosuke Kitazawa
- Digital mockups are not an exact representation of colors
Available in three different color variants: Green Vinyl, Pink Vinyl, or Black Vinyl